As base president for Jet Linx Chicago, Brian Goodman is well-versed in the art of private travel. Here, the frequent flyer takes us along for a whirlwind trip around the world to his top destinations.
1. “Growing up, we had family in Orange County, Calif., and I have been wanting to get back out to visit—it has been about 10 years! One of the Jet Linx Elevated Lifestyle Preferred Hotel Program properties is The Ranch at Laguna Beach. There is nothing like it.”
2. “Through all of my personal and business travels, I have never been to Europe. So where would I like to go? Maybe something from our Preferred Hotel Program partner, the Ultima Collection: the Ultima Grand Villa in Geneva; Corfu, Greece; or maybe Chantilly, France. I won’t be picky.”
3. “With quarantine, COVID and everything we all have lived through this year, I think a little wellness is important for us all. At Jet Linx we have special access to Canyon Ranch in Tucson. I’m thinking now would be a good time to fly to some Zen.”
4. “The first mountain town I ever visited was Telluride. Now, when my mind says it’s mountain time, I love flying to Winter Park or Summit County, Colo. But the bowl of Telluride—whether hiking, biking, skiing or just living the après life—has me longing to return.”
5. “The five-star, VIP access that our Elevated Lifestyle program provides has opened my eyes to some of the most beautiful hotels and resorts in the world. A favorite of mine is The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach. For several years in a row my wife and I attended Art Basel. And if you’re in South Beach and exploring amazing art, The Ritz has got to be the best place to rest in between gallery showings and parties.”
6. “I have been lucky enough to gain access to and attend nearly every major sporting event I have ever wanted to attend. My professional career has provided amazing athletic experiences for me. But if I had to add one more, I would love to jump across the pond and take in the British Open.”
Photography by: From top: by Keeley Parenteau; by SofiLayla Thal/Pixabay; by David Mark/Pixabay; courtesy of The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach; by Stuart Franklin/Getty Images